On Saturday November 26, 2016 took place the first EdCamp held in Girona, the second EdCamp throughout Catalonia.
An EdCamp is open to everyone in order to share learning, knowledge, concerns and passions about education in a meetup. It is based on peer learning, and through the conversation and exchange as it develops.
In an EdCamp there is no program defined by the organization as they are participants who build together the program from the issues that are of interest, and it is free.
And it’s all about learning, create network and develop personally and professionally to transform education!
And that’s what was done that Saturday, where about seventy participants were talking all morning topics such as project work, augmented reality and virtual reality, inclusive school, entrepreneurial experiences, teamwork, emotional education, motivation, skills, evaluation and grading, gamificación or teacher training.
One session highlight was related to “Evaluation” in the document with the collaborative notes made by the attendants to the session was summarized the following:
- It was discussed the concern of how to evaluate projects. Rubrics are used, but at the end there are alwaysmarks and that’s complicated.
- If you want to change the learning methodology is first necessary thing to change is the way to assess students.
- It is argued that there are several ways of evaluation: portfolios, observations of students, rubrics, do coavaluacions among students, selfassessments …
- It’s important that the student knows what will be assessed and how it will be before starting work.
- is said that what can be done is that students may participate in the evaluation rubric.
- You must place students in different learning situations (written test, cooperative working capacity, evaluation of the final product, etc.) in order to diversify the assessment.
- What method of evaluation, for what purpose and at what time.
- The goal is that students learn. The marks are a tool we use because it is a language that students understand.
- What can be assessed is the student progress, from where the student goes.
- It is said that is important that there is some consensus among the faculty to follow more or less the same line as the evaluations.
Both the organizing team of Girona l’EdCamp 2016 as attendees went very excited and wanting more conversation and debate.